Thursday, April 21, 2005

Latest hack

So my cousin moved in with me almost two weeks ago. We've been getting along great and having lots of fun.

One problem. We both have wireless keyboards and mice. Can you guess where I'm going with this? Yep, they interfere with eachother. After reading Logitech's FAQ, their only solution was "move farther apart". Thanks.

After a bit of brainstorming with one of my coworkers, I came up with the idea to put some shielding around the receivers. So I grabbed an old kleenex box, wrapped it in aluminum and attached a ground wire. Not having another kleenex box (the perfect size), we used the box that last night's chicken helper came in for the other one. :)

It certainly helped... both mice work at the same time now, but my keyboard still misses some letters when he's typing :(

We'll play around with pointing the boxes different directions and such later, it was getting late last night.

My receiver:


My cousin's receiver:


The whole desk:


That's the latest episode of Numb3rs streaming off my TiVo and playing on the middle monitor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home